SMC-1 Wi-Fi Snow Melt Controller
The SMC-1 Wi-Fi Snow Melt Controller has several unique and unmatched features. Installed snow melt systems have varying thickness of concrete and toppings between the heating pipes or wires and the surface causing a delay between the time the system is triggered and the snow on the surface starts melting. During this “pickup” time a lot of snow can accumulate. Until now if a snow melt surface had to be completely snow free (commercial loading docks, hospital helipads, ambulance ramps, condominium garage ramps and so forth) the only option was to heat that surface throughout the entire season when snow fall was a possibility. This “idling” of the slab takes a lot of energy. Idling is indiscriminate, whether there is 0% chance for snow or 100% the heat must be on 24/7 otherwise snow will eventually build up.
Our snow melt controller monitors local weather in real time.
It can Auto Preheat the system up to 12 hours ahead based on three simple settings by the user. We can now anticipate a snow fall and ensure that the system starts up in time for the “pickup” to complete and snow to start melting the moment the first flake hits the ground.
Energy savings can be enormous compared to the old way of “idling”.
In addition to Auto Preheat a melt cycle can be started manually or triggered automatically once it is cold enough and snow is detected on the ground. The remote Schuller App runs on any mobile devices. It provides instant status information and can be used to start or stop melt cycles manually.
- ETOG-56 Snow/Ice/Moisture Sensor NTC12k
- Outdoor Sensor NTC10k
- Supply Sensor NTC10k
- CPU: A83T Octa-Core Cortex TM-A7
- Memory: 1G DDR3L RAM, 8GB EMMC FLASH,
- System: Android 5.1.1
- Display: 7” 800×600 5 point touch sensitive, Colour LED
- Wireless communication: WIFI 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G, BT4.0
- Ports: USB-C. USB 2.0, MicroSD slot
- Working modes: Standby, Auto Melt, Auto preheat, Manual Melt, Extra Melt
- Power supply: 24 V (ac) ±10%, 60 Hz, Class 2, ≥0.5A
- Ambient temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C) Indoor install only
- Modulating output: 0-10 V (DC) 500 Ω minimum load impedance
- Max. Switching Voltage: 125 V AC, 60 V DC
- Max. Switching Current: 1A
- Analog output: 0V-10V DC
- Outdoor sensor temperature range: -58°F to 158°F (-50°C to 70°C)
- Supply sensor temperature range: -58°F to 158°F (-50°C to 70°C)
- Enclosure: White PVC plastic
- Dimensions: 4-5/8” x 7-1/8” x 3/4” (116 x 181 x 22.6 mm)
- Packaged weight 1.5 lb. (680 g)
- Warranty: Limited 3 Year